Mission, Vision, and Values
What are the Mission, Values, and Vision of Congregation Beth Adam?
Mission: Congregation Beth Adam is a unique community integrating Jewish tradition and humanistic principles.
Vision: Congregation Beth Adam is a spiritual home, a meaningful voice, and a humanistic resource for people worldwide, seeking a contemporary Jewish identity and experience.
- We value humanistic principles of responsibility and origin of authority that rests with each individual
- We value learning opportunities that support members’ connection with their Jewish heritage
- We value open-mindedness and respect for differing views
- We value discerning intellectual inquiry that thoughtfully questions and explores Jewish text and other sources of wisdom
- We value acknowledgement of each congregant’s religious and spiritual journey supported through our unique liturgy
- We value evolving to meet the needs of our growing congregation and a changing Jewish community
- We value nurturing connection and building community with each other as Jews and with all humanity
- We value community engagement and social justice that is responsive to the ever-changing world